Monday, June 3, 2013

The Faces of Southbank Dodge - Meet Norm Haggar


Norm Haggar is a fixture and proud "life" of Southbank.  He is loved by Southbank's long time clientèle and has worked in almost every facet of the dealership.  Today, as fleet and corporate sales manager, he gets the best of both worlds, engaging in the sales process of Southbank, while still loyally serving Southbank's service department customers.  Southbank Blogger recently sat down with Norm to discuss his new role and his hopes for Southbank in the future.

Southbank Blogger: Good afternoon Norm!  Please tell us, exactly how long have you been with Southbank?

Norm Haggar: I have been part of the Southbank Family for 24 years and 307 days.  Not that I am counting!

Southbank Blogger: Could you please tell our readers a little about yourself?  And why you love your job?

Norm Haggar: I am 5'9, hard working and have what I consider to be a very outgoing personality.  I enjoy my job at Southbank because I get to meet new people on a daily basis and guide them through the purchasing process of their new vehicle.  People always leave happy and that in turn makes me happy.

Southbank Blogger: What do you believe is the most important duty of a fleet/corporate manager?

Norm Haggar: My primary focus and goal in my position is to build and maintain customer relations for the sales and service departments.  I keep in contact with all of my customers to make sure they do not forget who I am and the services both I and Southbank can provide.   

Southbank Blogger: What do you believe sets Southbank apart from other dealerships in the Ottawa area?

Norm Haggar: I think the difference begins as soon as a customer walks through the Southbank doors.  Southbank has a laid back, friendly atmosphere.  We laugh, we joke with each other, we are here to get the job done, but with some fun thrown into the mix.  I believe that we treat every customer with honesty and fairness and that is translated to the customer's experience.  Whether you are dealing with the service, parts or sales department, each staff member will go above and beyond to help a customer out.   You cannot find that sort of teamwork in most dealerships these days.  

Southbank Blogger: Norm, what do you hope customers leave Southbank feeling?

Norm Haggar: I hope they leave feeling like they just became part of a new family and feel satisfied with their purchase.  I hope they feel that they dealt with some really nice people and not only got the best possible deal and service out there, but also got to make some friends along the way.  

Southbank Blogger: Last question!  What are three things that you like to communicate to Southbank customers?

Norm Haggar: 1) The entire Southbank staff stands behind everything that we do.  
2) Anyone from Southbank is here to help you.  No matter what department, or job title, the staff of Southbank, myself included are here to serve our customers until they are 100% satisfied. 
3) Southbank really is a family.  I know it sounds corny, but there is a reason I have been here for so long.  There would be no Southbank if not for my co workers.  They make Southbank great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment